Commercial Red Cedar Hive
Made from beautiful Canadian red cedar our hives are superb quality. Each piece is machine cut for precision and accuracy to ensure the correct bee space and ease of assembly.
The floors are fully assembled with a galvanised open mesh with a ply varroa inspection tray.
Cedar is a beautiful wood that needs not painting, it will naturally turn a lovely grey colour over the years.
Commercial hives are compatible with national hives so if you like the idea of having a bigger brood box but want to stay with national supers as they are lighter when full you have the option here to do just that:
The full hive consists of :
- Roof 4" or 8"
- 1 Brood Chamber with metal frame runner
- 2 Supers (either commercial or national) with metal frame runners
- Crownboard with 2 porter bee holes
- Queen Excluder, optional and choice of plastic, wired or wired framed
- Open mesh floor with entrance block and inspection tray
Commercial Hive Dimensions & Information:
External Hive Dimension – 18 5/16” Square
Brood Body Depth – 10 1/2”
Super Depth – 6 3/8”
The brood box holds 11 frames with dummy board or 12 without
Based on 11 frames there are about 70,500 cells in the brood chamber
Bottom Bee Space
Top Bar length – 17 1/4”
Deep Side Bars (brood) – 10”
Shallow Side Bars (super) – 6”
Deep – 15 7/16” x 9 1/2”
Shallow – 15 7/16” x 5 1/2”