ApiLife Var VMA Approved Varroa Treatment
How it works: The vapours from the essential oils spread around the hive and suffocating the mites which then fall off the bees.
There has not been any recorded resistance to resistance to Apilife Var. Apilife Var is completely safe for the beekeeper, the bees and the beehive.
The product has best results when when used during the warm season in temperatures between 18C - 35C. Effectiveness 90% - 97%
- For best results treat the whole apiary at the same and put into the hive either early morning or late in the afternoon.
- If the temperature is very high, above 30°C, get the bees accustomed to the product scent by placing a piece of the bar into the hive the day before you begin the treatment.
- Treat when you don't have honey on the hive if you can but it is not essential.
- Take one bar/tablet from the pack break into four pieces and place on the corners of the brood box above the honey comb but not directly above brood. If treating nucs use only half the quantity.
- Close the hive up and leave to work for 7 to 10 days depending on the temperature.
- Repeat the treatment 3 to 4 times with the other bars. A full treatment requires 2 packs, each pack has 2 bars in it.
We sell individual packs so if treating a full colony order 2 packs.
Caution is using with Plastic Frames. The manufactures recommend putting something in between the tablet and the frame for example use the wrapper the product comes in, this will protect the plastic frame.